Monday, May 18, 2009

Do you recycle?

Megan has been learning about recycling in school. She came home last week and announced that if we didn't recycle everything, the whole world was going to be one big dump site.
She and Jayce gathered up grocery bags, labeled them paper, plastic and newspaper with specific notes not to take anything out without asking them first and then went around the house gathering up things to put in them. We weren't allowed to put anything in the trash can. We had to put it in their recycling bags. Paper plates, granola bar wrappers, used napkins, writing paper that had a clean side, everything. It was difficult explaining that not everything can be recycled. I told Megan that we will start with plastic bottles and cans. I need to find local recycling places and find out what they recycle. I remember saving pop cans years ago and getting money for them. I think Megan would enjoy earning money for what she recycles.

No comments: