Monday, April 6, 2009

Jayce's eye surgery

What Jayce had growing out of his eye was an Angioma. Angiomas are benign tumors that are made up of small blood vessels or lymph vessels. The surgery was quick but the wait was long, especially long to child who hasn't had anything to eat or drink in 12 hours.Jayce was excited that the hospital gave him a new pair of slipper socks to wear so he wouldn't slip on the hospital floor. The nurse had to mark which eye Jayce was having surgery on so the doctor wouldn't cut on the wrong eye. I wouldn't have thought that was necessary. Jayce got to ride in a wagon down to surgery.
All done and on his way home. He was excited that he got to wear his pajamas to the hospital.
The angioma is gone with only a couple dissolvable stitches to indicate it was even there. Jayce never complained of pain and never needed to take Tylenol but the anesthesia made him sick and vomit a few times. The day following surgery his eye did appear more red with some bruising.

2 comments:

Arianne said...

Jayce's eye sure looks good. I'm glad everything went well and he had so little discomfort. I bet that was a huge relief for you!

Emily said...

wahoo, I'm glad everything went well!