Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter

The kids enjoyed coloring Easter eggs. I had a hard time keeping up with Colton throwing eggs in the cup and taking them out. He was sloshing egg dye all over the place, making me a nervous wreck. We only ended up with one green egg because Colton dumped the green all over the table and floor. After some scrubbing, it finally came up. My hands stayed green for a while. All cleaned up and calm. Trying again with blue. Colton had a great time coloring eggs. We do our Easter Bunny stuff on Friday and Saturday so that we can focus on the real meaning of Easter on Sunday. This year my Mom came for Easter dinner (Grandpa was ill) and we had an Easter FHE lesson on the resurrection. I made resurrection eggs which are eggs containing items I found around the house that represent events that happened during the time of the resurrection.This is a picture of Resurrection Eggs you can purchase but I just used things around the house. As the kids took turns opening the eggs we talked about what the items represent. Some of the items I put in the eggs were nails, coins, thorns, cross, rock. I got the idea from The Family Home Evening Spot. After the lesson we watched "He is Risen" and ate yummy Easter cake. I made these cute edible bird nests but the kids were glad Grandma brought the cake.

No comments: