
I am continually on the hunt for the perfect wheat bread recipe. I've gotten recipes from relatives and friends who say their recipe just can't be beat. I've even attended a bread making class. I try to make bread once a week to get more practice. However, it's been more like once a month. Regardless, the practice does
not make perfect when it comes to me and my bread. I don't think I will ever be one to brag about my fantastic bread. I think that in all the times I've made bread, I've had it turn out to
look like yummy homemade bread once or twice. It's usually flat, caved in, hard as a rock or has other problems. My family members are good sports about my practice and don't complain...much. One of the times that it turned out right, I was so excited that I found a good recipe that I thought I'd make more and send it to my dad for Christmas. Luckily, before I got it in the mail, I cut into another loaf from the same batch...IT WAS HOLLOW! It looked all yummy from the outside but had a big hole in the middle. Some say my problem is that I let it rise too long or not enough. Others say I use to much or not enough yeast. Who knows. I thought I was just following the recipe. Tonight, as I was putting the bread in the oven to bake I was excited as it appeared to have risen just right. Kind of looked like something you'd see a professional baker put in the oven. As I was smelling the bread baking in the oven, I was imagining the perfect picture I would to put on my blog posted with the Stephanie proof recipe to share. And this is what I pulled out...

And so the hunt is still on. One thing is for sure, I will never be asked to bring bread or rolls to a family dinner!
2 comments:
I constantly have problems with my bread loaves too. I don't tell the kids and they don't seem to notice the caving in or lack of rising. Don't give up. Even if they aren't perfect, there's nothing like homemade bread! Have I shared my favorite recipe with you yet?
I'll have to get you my mom's wheat bread recipe... It's the best!!! ( I bet you hear that all the time) She says it's really easy too...
Post a Comment