Megan had spring break last week. The beginning of the week it snowed but by Friday it was sunny and 70 degrees. I got sick during her spring break so wasn't feeling up to much playing. I tried to make it up to her on Friday. I still have those embarassing cough attacks that happen only when you're in public.

We took a walk along the river watching ducks swim and dogs chase frisbees into the river and back to shore. It's a pretty and fun walk for the kids. Of course, they needed their walking sticks. (Colton wouldn't take his hand off his nose for the picture--stinker.)

After our walk along the river, we stopped to throw rocks into it. They could have stayed there for hours. Colton especially. Finally, a place where he can throw things like rocks and he doesn't get in trouble for it. He loves throwing everything everywhere, rocks, balls, puzzle pieces, unfinished food on his plate. It doesn't matter. Makes me crazy. One day he didn't like a yogurt he was eating and I didn't get to him before he held the container, shaking it and watching it fly on the floor, walls, kitchen door and blinds. I'm still finding places that yogurt landed that I missed when I did the initial clean up. I wish I took a picture instead of hollering.

You can see Jayce's rock flying if you look close. He was trying to throw them across the bank and nearly did.

After our walk along the river we stopped at a park to eat and swing.

Grandma Georgia gave the kids kites for Easter so we did a little kite flying too. We actually had the right kind of breeze to keep the kites flying for a while. Not the kind of wind that sends our lawn furniture tumbling in our back yard and dust devils twisting that we are used too. Dayton High School mascot: "Dust Devils".
No comments:
Post a Comment