Monday, March 30, 2009

We will miss Grandma Toni

My grandmother, Grandma Toni, passed away today. She was 91. We have many fond memories of Grandma. We were fortunate enough to have her move closer to us her last few years of life so that we could spend more time with her. She was very special to Jayce. Even from a very young age of 2 he was always looking out for Grandma Toni, wondering where she was and if she was okay. He called her "My Toni." The pictures of her with my kids as babies will always be precious to me. Grandma was a very energetic person. She could never just sit. Always had to be busy with this project or that. She had a wonderful green thumb and could grow beautiful flowers. I was always impressed with that because I couldn't. She sewed, she quilted and she worked for many, many years as a hair stylist. I remember many haircuts from her. I remember my sister, Teri even letting her cut her hair when she was half blind. She lived a long happy life and touched many lives. We will miss her.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I'm sorry for your loss... Grandma's are wonderful aren't they!!!

Margie said...

Hi Steph,
Its your cousin Margie. I am sitting here reading this and bawling. You have such great pictures of Grandma Toni. I thought I had all the great ones! I am looking forward to seeing you soon.
Your kids are gorgeous but then again look at the stock!
Take care. Miss you.
Love Margie