
I took Jayce to the eye plastic surgeon today. I had to laugh when the doctor's assistant asked why we were there and what seems to be the problem. (Hmm... we are at a plastic surgeon's office that specializes in work on eyes. Did you notice the small cherry sized tumor growing out of Jayce's eye when you met him a minute ago?) I told her that I thought that would be apparent. She said she has to ask. Okay, so the little tumor appears to have a big root system so instead of just cutting off the top and risking its return, the Doc is going to cut a piece out of the lower eyelid below the tumor to ensure all roots are removed and then sewing two pieces back together. He'll have 4 or 5 stitches for a couple of weeks. And the best part according to Jayce: He gets to wear his pajamas to the hospital! The surgery will be April 2nd.
1 comment:
Wow, they scheduled him quick for the surgery. Let me know if you need help with child care or anything.
Connie
Post a Comment