
I asked Colton if he needed to go potty and he said yes! Colton has been really resistant to potty training. He's two and a half now and I'm tired of changing diapers. A couple months ago we started training and were doing pretty good as long as I had my timer set every 30 min. to an hour to check for dry pants and take him. Most of those trips he refused to go even if I was pumping him full of liquids. He would never go unless he had so much pee that it was practically bursting out of him by the time we got to the bathroom. That is, if I got him there on time before he wet his pants. I don't know why he would refuse to go to the bathroom even when I knew he had to go. It was always "No!" He very seldom initiated that he had to go and pooping in the toilet?... Forget it! He has a huge aversion to sitting on the toilet even with child seat on it. Can't stand the potty chair either. When he does go it's always standing up and aiming well, more like shooting. We do a lot of clean up.
He was doing really well for a short time there and I was so confident that I took him to church without a pull-up on. We were sitting on a short bench next too the wall like we usually do but this time we were sitting next to a visitor whom we didn't know. The visitor was sitting next to the wall and Colton next to him. "Colton, do you need to go potty? " "No!" He sure didn't because he already went...on the bench...cloth bench( I don't' know what it is made of but you know what I'm talking about)...next to the visitor!! Not a trickle, a huge puddle. I about died when I lifted him up to take him out and looked at the HUGE wet spot on the bench next to the visitor. The two tissues that I had on me wasn't going to clean that mess up. Hoping the visitor didn't slide our way any, I covered the mess with the tissues and carefully carried him out practically at arms length so not to get it on my dress all the while thinking "I'm glad he wasn't sitting on my lap." We got it cleaned up of course and you guessed it, he wears pull-ups to church.
In stead of getting better at potty training Colton got more resistant but I said when this package of pull-ups runs out he will get trained. I think that is going to be next week. We hit the dollar store and got some super potty toys to use as rewards when he goes. When a kid says "I pooped my pants, Mom" they are ready to be trained.
1 comment:
hi, this is Shana's niece Summer. The bookmarks are super easy. You can go to my friends blog and she did a tutorial on them for me. www.annakarli.blogspot.com or look for the link that says Karli on my blog. Don't feel bad for "snooping" I do the same thing.
Summer
Post a Comment