Sunday, June 14, 2009

Free Fishing Day

Saturday was free fishing day in Nevada so on the way home from cleaning the temple, we stopped by a pond in Washoe Valley and fished. You could see fish jumping but none of them got caught (by us anyway). Megan and Jayce ran out of patience after a while of fishing and catching nothing. Jayce thought they would just stick their line in the water and out would pop a fish. After all, that's what happened when we took them to the fishing derby last year in Gardnerville, at a fully stocked ditch/creek where they pulled out fish a few minutes after they started fishing.
Of all the kids, I think Colton had the most fun fishing. Blake put bobbers on the fishing lines and Colton kept reeling it in so he could get the "ball". He kept saying, "I want to get that ball". When he wasn't reeling in the "balls", he was throwing rocks in the water and scaring the fish all around us. He was banished to throw rocks further down the beach.
Megan took a picture of me to show I was there too and actually had my turn with the fishing pole. I was mostly the "Colton chaser" and Blake spent his time helping Megan and Jayce with their poles. I'm sure you guessed that it has been quite a while since we've been fishing. All of Blake's fishing gear is hanging in our garage collecting dust. I hope that this is the summer that that all changes. It was fun even if we didn't catch a thing. We left between rain clouds. We arrived just after a down pour and left when it started sprinkling again.

1 comment:

Valley Girl said...

Wish you would have been down for the fishing derby this year! would have been fun to get together! Fishing has never really held my attention for too long either... maybe i have the attention span of a child...but hay....