
Saturday, was our ward's turn to clean the Reno Temple grounds. It was also the same weekend of the Father Son camp-out so they camped near Reno and then many of the campers met their families at the temple to clean. It worked out well and there was a good turn out.

We had to pull weeds and mulch flower beds.

President Monson was the one who laid the corner stone and dedicated the temple in 2000.

The temple workers said our ward had the best turn out to clean the temple since it was erected in 2000. After we cleaned, the bishop talked about the importance of the temple and the spiritual experiences you can have just by touching the building and being on the grounds. He likened the weeds that were pulled to our sins that will be forgiven and forgotten if we repent. I never knew pulling weeds could be so spiritual. I'm glad we went.
1 comment:
I love days of service like this... i think it is especially wonderful that your kids got to partake in the spirit of service!
Post a Comment