Something Extraordinary Relief Society Birthday Celebration
Recently, I have been called as our ward's "Relief Society Meeting Coordinator" previously know as "Enrichment Leader". The first meeting that I had to coordinate was the Relief Society Birthday. I went with the theme "Something Extraordinary" and after an inspiring lesson on service from one of the sisters in the ward we watched the following video I found on YouTube.
After the video, we made 10 children's no-sew fleece blankets for our Healthy Communities Coalition.
These are cute and very simple blankets to make. Go here for easy instructions with pictures.
Simultaneously, as some were working on the blankets, others were playing a fun get to know you game that another sister thought of. We had to give her a baby picture of us and 3 fun facts about us. The pictures were put on poster board. We had to guess who the babies were based on pictures or facts. The winner won the game "Guess Who". What a fun way to get to know some of the ladies in the ward. Can you guess who that baby is?
We have a talented cake decorator in our ward who made this very pretty and yummy cake for us. To see more of the cakes she has done go here. Can you believe she does this with 3 little ones at home? Well, we had a good turn out and everyone seemed to be having fun.
Blake and I have been married 19 years and have 3 great kids that keep us busy. Megan is in 3rd grade this year and Jayce is in Kindergarten. Colton is our youngest and is 3. After finishing school at ISU, Blake landed a job with Uni-tec, now Peak Consulting Engineers in Carson City, as a Structural Engineer and I got a job with Carson City School District as a Special Education Teacher. After working 6 years, I quit to be home full time with my kids but plan to return to teaching when my kids are all in school.
1 comment:
The RS party was awesome. You did a grat job. I hope you are enjoying yoru new calling.
Post a Comment