Recently, out of necessity, I've really started using coupons and wonder why I didn't start using them earlier. A friend, taught me how to use them not only to get good deals on items that are already on sale but many things are free when you apply the coupons to things that are already on sale. Very cool. Who doesn't like free stuff? I went shopping at Smiths this week after going over their sales add and matching up coupons that I had for many of the items that were on sale. My subtotal was $87 before the coupons. It was fun to see the total go down...down ...down...to $40. I saved $46.95. A whopping 53%! That was a good shopping day. Yesterday, I had to get some things at Walmart. What could have been over $34 ended up only costing me $18 because of the coupons. I got one $3 item for free because I had a coupon for $3 off of that item. Also, the game Monopoly was on sale for $7 and I had a $5 off coupon so I got it for $2! One thing I do is follow several coupon sites that tell me what's on sale at different stores and what coupon to apply and where to find it. You can even search for coupons for items you will be shopping for and print them free. Many even list freebies that are available without coupons. All of the coupon sites I follow talk about saving big and getting many things for free by stacking manufacturers coupons with store coupons at stores like Walgreen's and CVS and using their Register Reward bucks that you earn for buying certain things there. I haven't done that yet but people are saying that is how they stock their hall closet with free stuff. Check out the money savings sites I have listed on right hand side of my blog and you can start saving too.
11 years ago











2 comments:
I guess I just have the impression that coupons will just make me spend $ on something I would not have bought and am only getting because I have a coupon. I need a lesson from you! REALLY! I want a lesson! When are you free? (free time, not cost ~ I dont what to buy you. :-) ~ Katy
I need a lesson from the master. I'll call you ad make an appointment.
Post a Comment