Monday, March 8, 2010

Happy Birthday Blake!

One candle for every decade he's been alive.
Blake loves German Chocolate cake for his birthday but the kid's don't so this year I made half chocolate and half German Chocolate cupcakes. I put them together to make a good attempt at a heart shape. I could have used 2 more cupcakes so had to use a couple brownies I had in the freezer. Can you find them? Of course you can. We love Daddy!
I brought home the birthday balloons from the RS birthday party and recycled them for Blake's party too. Colton tied them onto himself and crawled around with them. He was very glad I brought them home. Blake wanted to go geocaching for his birthday. These geocaches take us places we have never been in Dayton. We took a half a mile dirt road loop by the Dayton water tower to our first cache. On the far side of this canyon was supposed to be another cache but obiously too hard to get to with little kids. Jayce thought we should try. Not this time buddy. The first cache was supposed to be in this boulder pit. It wasn't there. It was fun to climb all the rocks and we were amazed at how big the rock mounds were. We walked a little further up for another cache. We were surrounded by rock piles and boulders. We could easily see highway 50 and Moundhouse from where we stood.
Can you tell where the cache was hidden?
This one had a trackable Ninja Turtle. It's fun to look on-line to find out where different items have been. This turtle was pretty local. It had been in California and Nevada. Another time, we found a trackable coin that had been to Finland and they were trying to get it back to Arizona.
Of course, Colton wants to keep the toy horse he found.
We tend to go on these hikes when a storm is coming in. The walk back to the car was chilly.
When we got home I made pizza pretzels and we ate them while watching a movie at our home theatre made by Megan for Blake's birthday. The pretzels were a hit and easy to make. I got the recipe from here but used home made bread dough and pizza sauce for dipping.

2 comments:

Mark Katy said...

what an awesome birthday! Happy Birthday Blake! I didn't know his day was so close to Marks. We should combine next year! Cant wait to try the pizza pretzels. ~ Katy

Shana Hamblin said...

You made me hungry and I think you were very creative!