We had some pretty hot days in July with temps over 100 degrees. It seems everyone headed to Lake Tahoe. We had a good time swimming, building sand castles and feeding the geese. Sand Harbor is the beach at Lake Tahoe that we went to. It is shallow, then it gets over your head deep and then further out it gets shallow enough again that the kids can touch. Therefore, the name Sand Harbor. Megan and I had a scare where we had to be rescued by my friend we were with. She thought we were playing when actually I was yelling "We need help!" We had gotten out over our heads without a life jacket and Megan decided to get out of the float tube she was in with her friend and she jumped on me (without telling me)but I couldn't touch. She had a death grip on me around my neck and wouldn't let me turn her around so I could swim with her back to shore. Every time I turned her around she thought I was going to let her go and she clung back on for life around my neck. We were both panicking. Megan's friend got her mom who was swimming near us and she got Megan to shore. This all happened in a minute or less but it seemed like the time dragged on. I still get scared feelings of what could have happened with just the memory.
11 years ago











No comments:
Post a Comment