11 years ago
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
First Day of School
School is back in session. Megan and Jayce say yahoo! But Mom says boo-hoo! Okay, not really but I will miss them when they are at school. I am looking forward to the one on one time with Colton.
Jayce did a lot of boo-hooing when I dropped him off for the first day of kindergarten. I thought we were going to bypass the tears as he seemed so excited asking me how much longer until we go to school and talking about how excited he was. When the bell rang to line up he clung to me and bawled his eyes out and there was no prying him off. The teacher offered no compassion or help and said she had no plan for incidents like that as Jayce was her first one to do it. Well, okay, she's only been teaching one year but it would have been nice if she came over and talked and encouraged him. She just said "kiss your mom and tell her good-bye" and then she walked off and ignored us, as if I was going to shove him in and shut the door. I finally got him quieted down by reminding him of our home reward system and that he could earn extra tokens if he quit crying. It worked and the rest of the day he was fine and the highlight of the day was the bus ride home. Day two of kindergarten there were no tears at drop off. He will be just fine. However, he is in a class with almost 30 kids. The morning kindergarten session has a few more kids. There are many kids in his pm class that have behavior problems and I worry that he will get lost or be influenced wrong. The teacher herself said how terrible the kids were in his class. A different teacher at the school whom I know said that if she had a kid in kindergarten this year she would keep him home and send him when he is in first grade. Sounds tempting not sure Jayce would go for it. I'm still wondering how we ended up in p.m. kindergarten as I was practically the first person at the office to sign him up and I requested a.m. class. In the past, it has been first come first serve.
Megan is now in third grade and is thrilled to be there to learn and make new friends. Her favorite thing so far is the fact that her teacher has a library in her class and she can check books out each night. She loves to read. Initially Megan was nervous to go to third grade because all of her friends ended up in a different class together. She was left out but she is already making new friends and is adjusting to the huge change third grade is from second. Lots of big kid stuff now. Megan has a wonderful loving and nurturing teacher who she loves already. Megan actually already knew her from soccer. She was her coach. Megan is looking forward to her pajama movie party that her class will have the chance to earn for good behavior.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











1 comment:
I can't believe Jayce's teacher! I would have a REAL hard time with that!!!! What an AEWFUL first inpression!!! And 30 kids in a class! Maybe I will homeschool Kendra even if it does make me crazy! I would have come home and cried for a long time!!!!!!
Post a Comment