Thursday, February 18, 2010

Valentines Day

We had a Valentine's Day full of love. As is our tradition, our food was pink today. For breakfast the kids had heart shaped toast with jam and strawberries. Since the kids' favorite meal is breakfast we had pink french toast, pink scrambled eggs, and strawberry milk for dinner with strawberry short cake for dessert. We didn't open valentines from each other and grandparents until after church so we could all be together. Blake has early morning meetings before church so we planned to give him a surprise "heart attack" all over his car but he ended up staying home from church with a sore back so the kids put hearts all over the house and him instead. For FHE we made valentines for grandparents. The kids did a good job.
We've had a lot of valentine cookies this year. Megan made some for our FHE treat and then Colton made them with his preschool group the following day. The kids had friends over and more cookies to frost and decorate. What's not to like about sugar cookies, frosting and sprinkles? Even Jayce likes them and he mostly hates sweets.
We had a secret valentine this year that dropped this plate of yummy valentine cookies off on our door step. When I went out to pick up the plate of cookies all of a sudden the giver of the cookies bolted from his hiding place in front of our porch railing and scared me to death. I screamed. The scare was worth the treats.
For my primary class, I made love mice from Hershey's kisses. They turned out cute and were easy to make. I do wish I had smaller eyes.

No comments: