Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Hooded towels

For Christmas my girlfriend helped me make the kids each their own hooded bath towel. Okay, my girlfriend did most of the work. I didn't have a sewing machine at the time and I need a lot of practice using it. Turns out I can't even pin the towels together that well and had to continue re- pinning again and again. I couldn't get inside out into my head. I did pick out the towels and cut out their initials and other shapes not shown from fabric and ironed them on. Most of them have come off in the wash and need to be sewn on. That will be the first project for the new sewing machine. Apparently the "Wonder Under" product used to adhere the fabric to the towel wasn't so wonderful.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Those are so cute! I still have problems threading a machine. Once I master that I'm sure you will be an expert and can help me. :)