This last week was a crazy one with all the snow. Monday we woke up to over a foot of snow with dangerous driving conditions so school was canceled and Tuesday school was canceled because the road department needed another day to get the roads and school parking lots cleared well enough to drive on. Friday, Megan went to school but because of all the cold weather we've been having (-10), I was called to come and get her because the school was being evacuated because a pipe related to the school fire suppression system had burst. A large snow storm on Saturday brought several more inches of snow so church was canceled on Sunday. I took Megan visiting teaching with me on Sunday afternoon. On the way there, we got stuck in the snow trying to get off of Highway 50. I was panicking. Megan was praying. How thrilled we were to see our home teacher pull up next to us and ask us if we needed help. There was so much snow in the sister's very long driveway when we arrived at her house that I didn't dare pull off the road. Too much snow on the shoulder of the road to park there so we drove home and rescheduled. I'm sure this is typical winter weather for you Idaho folks but very unusual for Dayton, Nevada.











2 comments:
It is really scary getting stuck in the snow. HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!
I love snow days!!!mmm..
Jeremy tried claiming one a couple Sundays ago, and I have to say, I was tempted to let him convince me... but I didn't.
Post a Comment